6th Admissions FAQs

Is there a catchment area for the Sixth Form?

NO, there is no catchment area for the Sixth Form.   It is the parent/guardian's responsibility to ensure that the student is able to make the journey to and from School in order to meet our attendance and puntuality requirements.

Do you have to attend church to apply to the Sixth Form?

NO, you do not need to attend a church to apply to the Sixth Form.  HOWEVER, all Sixth Form students must attend House Chapels and Assemblies.

Do you provide transport to and from the School?

NO, Sixth Form students are expected to arrange their own transport to and from the School.  Harpenden Train Station is approximately a 5-10 minute walk. There are also several local buses that serve the area.  There are no facilities for Sixth Form students to park on the School site (with the exception of the School Captains).

I am an external day Sixth Form applicant, when will I hear whether I have been offered a Sixth Form place?

All external day Sixth Form applicants will receive a letter informing them of the outcome of their application.  We endeavour to send out letters by the end of March to those students who applied by the deadline.  All places offered are conditional on meeting the required entry criteria.

I have been offered a conditional Sixth Form place, what happens if I don't get the necessary GCSE results?

Firstly, you must meet the entrance requirements for admission to the School.  Secondly, you must meet the specific subject entry requirements.  These requirements are clearly stated in the Sixth Form Prospectus and are always strictly adhered to.

How can I verify that my international qualifications meet the School’s entry requirements?

UK NARIC (National Recognition Information Centre) is a company which offers a service (fee payable) on the comparability of international qualifications against UK qualifications.


Do you accept students looking to restart/retake Year 12 or Year 13?

NO, unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances, such as medical issues or a family relocation.  Documentary supporting evidence will be required from a medical consultant, social worker or other professional bodies.  The School will determine whether the evidence provided is sufficiently compelling to meet the requirements of this criteria.