Academic Support Tutor - Non-Resident Boarding
- Salary :The hourly rate is £25 per hour
- Employment type: Part time
- Contract type: Permanent
- Closing date: 27th Nov 2020 12:00 PM
About the role
Do you want to work with highly motivated students in what we think is the UK’s top genuinely all-ability co-educational comprehensive state boarding school?
We are seeking a vibrant, caring individual to join our Boarding Team as a Non Resident Part-Time Academic Tutor.
This is a variable hours contract. The current rate of pay is £25 per hour, with an expectation of working between 3-4 hours per week, term time only. The shift pattern is typically 2 or 3 evenings per week.
Full details of the role and information regarding how to apply can be found in the attached documents.
The successful candidate will work closely with a small number of boarders during the evening times allotted for supervised prep offering general guidance and support across the range of academic subjects for which they are studying.
The successful candidate should:
· Be able to coach and guide students during their studies and help them take an organized approach to their work
· Support students to take a positive approach to their academic studies as well as more general guidance and support to enhance their time in boarding.
· Have experience of working as part of a team
· Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
· Be mindful and respectful of students with diverse cultural backgrounds
In return we can offer:
· Evening meal when on duty (which will take place between first and second prep)
· Use of the school’s fitness suite
· Professional development and career development opportunities
· Childcare Voucher scheme
· Employee Assistance Programme
We pride ourselves on being a happy community where students can grow to reach their full potential, both academically and socially
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people, and it expects all adults within its community to share that commitment.. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory full enhanced, with list checks, Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure