Working at St George's
"St George's School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment."
St George’s is a unique place to work. It is the perfect blend of high quality, innovative teaching and a community which cares. It has a highly supportive pastoral system as well as a residential state boarding community, all of which is firmly cemented in our Christian principles and strong commitment to our values of mutual respect, endeavour and sense of community. We hold on to our traditions and embrace the future with equal relish.
St George’s is consistently in the top percentile of schools nationally for academic performance and rated outstanding by Ofsted. In November 2018 we were recognised as The Sunday Times Comprehensive School of the Year 2019. The accolade recognises not only our outstanding examination results but also our excellent pastoral care and our work on behalf of various charities within our community. However, we are not driven by such external measures but by our passion to provide the best learning and life experiences we can for the pupils entrusted to our care.
We hope that you will share our enthusiasm and drive to continue to make St George’s an exciting and caring place to work and learn.
Joining our Community
If you are interested in joining a vibrant school with committed and dedicated staff, please view our vacancies below. If we are not currently recruiting, we are always happy to hear from speculative candidates who are interested in working at St George’s. Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone the HR Department on 01582 716228.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will also have access to these great benefits.
- As a permanent member of staff, you can apply for a day admission place for your child at St George’s school subject to meeting the requirements of criterion 2 of our published admissions criteria.
- Free lunch during your normal working day
- Free onsite parking for all staff
- Free use of the gym (shower and changing facilities available)
- Pension scheme
- Support staff receive annual leave entitlement of up to 31 days (depending on grade and length of service)
- Learning and development opportunities
- Term time working
- Occupational sick/maternity/adoption pay
- Childcare voucher salary sacrifice scheme