Microsoft Office 365
Free Package for students
St George's students are now able to download a full version of Microsoft Office for PC or Mac free of charge for installation on personal devices including tablets and phones.
For tablets and phones, all you need to do is download Word/Excel/Powerpoint to your device from the App Store/Google Play and sign in using your school email address.
Microsoft Office 365 Outlook Web App lets you use a Web browser to access your mailbox from any computer that has an Internet connection. You can use it to read and send email messages, organise contacts, create tasks and manage your calendar.
Sign into your Office 365 account and Email via:
Username: @students.stgeorges.herts.sch.uk e.g email@example.com
Password: as used to logon to school network.
Set up Exchange email on an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
1. Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
2. Tap Microsoft Exchange.
3. You don’t need to type anything in the Domain box. Type the information requested in the Email, Username, and Password boxes. Type your full email address (for example, firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Email and Username boxes.
4. Tap Next on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your mail program tries to find the settings it needs to set up your account
5. Choose the type of information you want to synchronize between your account and your device, and then touch Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized.
Take advantage of the free subscription to Office 365 ProPlus (for as long as you remain a St George’s school student):
* Office 365 ProPlus – Install the latest Full Microsoft Office software at home on up to 5 devices - including PCs, Macs, tablets (including iPad) and smartphones, absolutely free.
* OneDrive for Business – Every St George’s student gets a huge 1 Terabyte of personal storage space in the cloud (in addition to the 50GB email space you already have) - a safe place to store most school files which can be used in line with the school’s cloud storage policy.
- Data regarding individuals must not be stored in the cloud.
- The use of Microsoft Onedrive for Business as part of the School Office 365 is recommended if cloud storage must be used,
- Do not store the only copy of a file in cloud storage, ensure that a copy is stored on school shared drives for back up purposes,
* Office Online – Create and edit Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Excel documents from any device’s web browser and save to your OneDrive for Business space.
Follow these simple steps to install Microsoft Office on to your device.
- 1. logon to your Student email account:
- 2. Select the 'Cog' icon on the top right of the screen.
- 3. Select 'Office 365 settings' from the drop down menu.
- 4. From the options presented, select 'Software' to install and manage software.
- 5. Choose your language and click install.
Follow the instructions for Windows above - Office for Mac will be offered for download.
Download the free “Office Mobile for Office 365” and “OneNote” apps from the App Store or the Play Store and log in with your school student email address and password.
Download the Word, Excel and PowerPoint Apps from the App Store and log in with your school student email address and password.