The Heather Jarvis Sports Hall
This outstanding, Sports Hall cost almost £3 million and includes:
- 4 badminton courts
- 10 basketball rings (including 2 for a full-length court)
- 2 cricket nets (These stretch the length of the hall.) We have special, sport specific mats which are laid out for cricket nets practise so as to give the best possible surface.
- 5-a-side football goals
- 2 meeting rooms
- Changing rooms with toilets and cubicle showers
- A lift
- Disabled changing rooms, toilets and showers
- Viewing balcony
- A hospitality area, equipped with tables, chairs and a 50" flat-screen digital TV with Sky TV.
- Fitness Suite
Sports Hall features include:
- The floor is fully sprung
- Under floor heating
- The ceiling are very high (10m) (international standard for lacrosse and county standard for badminton)
- There is a good amount of space around the courts and the courts are of county standard for badminton.
- The acoustics are good
- The lighting county standard
- Cricket nets with sport specific flooring
- The hall can be divided into 2 halves using a curtain
We have a viewing gallery, part of which can be made private.
The dimensions of the Heather Jarvis Sports Hall Centre are approximately: 35.5m x 18.8 m. That's 116.5' x 61'.
The Alpha Sports Hall is a traditional school gym and is great for activities including:
- Martial Arts
- Fitness classes
- Dance classes
Our outdoor courts are in excellent condition and include 3 netball courts and 4 tennis courts.
Note: We do not have lights for our outdoor courts
We have 2 function rooms.
These are ideal for meetings and courses.
Outdoor Changing Rooms
In addition to our indoor changing rooms, we have 2 outdoor changing rooms with toilets and 6 cubicle showers in each which can be hired.
Running groups can book to run in our extensive outdoor grounds.
Pilates Classes / Other Courses / Clubs
Monday: 6:00 -7:00pm and 7:00pm - 8:00pm
Classes cost: £50.00 per course of 10 or £6.00 per individual session
Other Courses/ Clubs
There are a number of external clubs offering courses from the Sports Centre:
Dance Classes are led by Harpenden Dance: Tap, Modern, Street, Jazz, Theatre Dance and Junior Ballet. For further information visit the website at: www.harpendendance.com
Veterans Football for people aged 35+There are Sunday night and Monday night leagues. e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or go to Veterans Football website: www.veteransfootball.com
Harpenden Racqueteers Badminton Club meets from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Wednesdays. There are men’s, ladies and mixed teams who compete in various local leagues. For further details please go to their website www.harpendenracqueteers.com
Little Kickers (Football for children aged 2 to 7). The 45 minute sessions are held on Saturday mornings in the sports hall. For more information, contact Jamie on 020 8440 6195 or visit www.littlekickers.co.uk
Harpenden Arrows Running Club The club meets on a Tuesday and Thursday evening at 7.30pm in one of the function rooms in the Sports Centre. For further information visit www.harpendenarrows.co.uk or email email@example.com
Karate Club meets on Thursday evening in the old gym from 6pm to 7pm. For further details contact the Sports Centre.
Sports Centre Enquiries please contact
Development and Lettings Manager Julie Minall on:
tel: 01582 716 229 between 5pm and 8pm or please leave a message