EMERGENCY SCHOOL CLOSURE / WINTER WEATHER WARNING
What you need to do in advance:
- Consider where your child would be able to go if I have to close the school early (friend’s house, stay at school until collected?)
- How they may get home (going home with a friend, picked up by someone else in the village etc.)
- Make sure your child understands what you are expecting them to do
- Sign up for Twitter MissB_at_StGs and Instagram (I normally post a warning on here if there is information available elsewhere)
- Sign up with the Hertfordshire County Council’s School Closure Notification system (see below)
- Make sure that the school has your most recent email address
What to do on the day:
- Regularly check the school website for information about closure (www.stgeorges.herts.sch.uk)
- Regularly check Twitter Miss B_at_StGs and Instagram
I endeavour to make decisions on closures as early as possible and make every effort to inform parents of the decision as promptly and efficiently as I can. I ask for your patience and understanding at this difficult time.
Hertfordshire County Council's School Closure Notification system
In the event of severe weather, a public emergency or unforeseen circumstances, it may be necessary for a school to close or partially close.
In order to ensure parents and guardians are informed as quickly as possible of anything that may have an impact on a normal school day, this notification system has been put in place to enable messages from schools to be sent immediately via text message, email and a voice message (if required).
Please take 5 minutes to register your details for any Hertfordshire school your child attends so that you can receive immediate information and updates